Here are some resources to help survivors and their loved ones get started with recovery.
We're always looking to add books, non-profit organizations, websites or other resources you've found helpful for adult survivors. Use the form below.
The Wounded Heart: Hope for Adult Victims of Childhood Sexual Abuse, Dan Allender
Out of the Shadows: Understanding Sexual Addiction, Patrick J Carnes Ph.D
Leaping Upon the Mountains: Men Proclaiming Victory over Sexual Child Abuse, Mike Lew
Victims No Longer: The Classic Guide for Men Recovering from Sexual Child Abuse, Mike Lew
- Not Marked: Finding Hope and Healing following Sexual Abuse, Mary DeMuth
- The Courage to Heal: A Guide for Women Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse, Ellen Bass and Laura Davis
- When a Man You Love Was Abused: A Woman’s Guide to Helping Him Overcome Childhood Sexual Molestation, Cecil Murphy
- Christian Family University, Rob Jackson, MS, LPC, offers counseling, free weekly teleclasses, and other resources to support sexual integrity and recovery from sexual addictions and abuse: 888-891-HOPE (4673)
- Focus on the Family provides free online consultation and referral to qualified, local, Christian counselors: 877- 233-4455
- American Association of Christian Counselors, offers a free national referral network of state licensed, certified, and/or properly credentialed Christian counselors offer- ing care that is distinctively Christian and clinically excellent
- Brave Step strengthens men and women impacted by sexual abuse through inspiration, education and personalized care.
- Darkness to Light empowers people to prevent child sexual abuse
- RAINN, the nation’s largest anti-sexual violence organization
- SARA (Sexual Abuse Resource Agency), eliminating sexual violence in our community
- SNAP (Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests), peer support organization
- Journey On, Podcast, newsletter and resources for men healing from sexual abuse and assault
- MaleSurvivor.org, MaleSurvivor has been conducting three-day Weekends of Recovery (WORs) throughout the U.S. & Canada since 2001. Facilitated by a team of trained therapists and educators, they adhere to the highest ethical standards of their clinical professions.
- HelpforGuys, a complete resource guide for male victims and survivors of abuse
- Prodigals International, promotes freedom from the bonds of sexual addiction
- 1 in 6.org, Helping men who have had unwanted or abusive sexual experiences in childhood live healthier, happier lives.