"The Unbearable Secret" Resources
Ways to Share the Story of Denial
The mission of Denial is to raise awareness of that childhood sexual abuse creates an initial wound that is perpetuated and exacerbated by denial, and to invite survivors to step into the light by speaking the truth about what happened to them, as an essential first step to healing. All profits are being donated to organizations that support adult survivors. You can help spread the word!
- Help me meet my 100 Book Club Challenge by signing up a book club that you belong to, or inviting a friend to do so.
- If you haven't bought the book, order your signed copy here.
- Subscribe to the "Living in Denial" blog where you'll hear the voices of victims, counselors, advocates and others.
- Write a review on Amazon.com or Goodreads.com.
- Like Denial on social media: Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram
Following are resources for individuals who attended Crossroads Fellowship's Sept. 20, 2017 Family Dynamics Workshop, "The Unbearable Secret: Sexual Abuse."
Download "Protecting Your Child Against Sexual Abuse." (LP link)
Read in-depth coverage of recent sexual abuse scandals:
- USA Gymnastics
- UK Soccer League
- US Colleges and Universities
- New England Private Schools
- Netflix series, "The Keepers"
Learn about the movie, "Resilience," screening for free each month at Marbles in downtown Raleigh. about how Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACES) can lead to lifelong health impacts for survivors.